Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The 1-credit OASIS seminar is designed for undeclared students, typically in their first or second semester at UMass Amherst.  In addition to learning about how to make the most of the opportunities and resources at UMass Amherst, students review the tools and tips to be most successful, they forge a relationship with an advisor (who is their instructor), and they explore majors and other academic options available to them at UMass.

  • UNIV 125 is for freshmen (in their first or second semester at UMass); 
  • UNIV 125T is for transfers (in their first or second semester at UMass), and 
  • UNIV 192G is a slight variation of the seminar for students in academic difficulty.


Here's what students have recently said about taking OASIS:
  • The requirements for this course allowed me to take a step back and think about what I want to do for the rest of my life and I appreciate that.  I now have a set of tools and knowledge that will help me in the future without a doubt.
  • If you are undeclared it is one of the best decisions you can make because you won't find personal attention regarding figuring out your life/major/education track anywhere else.
  • Reflections forced me to think and ask myself if I was really satisfied with how my grades were and how my life was. This was a little uncomfortable however, it helped me tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment